7 tips from Forbes to boost productivity with task management system
Many businesses suffer from every dropping productivity and poor planning and task management. Experts recommend to use technologies for automation of task management and for even and balanced workload all over the company. Otherwise you will always face a situation when one of your employees sinks in tasks and deadlines while another one just serfs the network in search of celeb gossips. Offering you 7 tips published by Forbes, but we add these tips with recommendations how task management software can help you to boost productivity and efficiency of your business.
7 Forbes tips to boost productivity with task management software
- Balanced workload or task delegation – typically more skilled and talented employees with higher expertise in business get more tasks. Unfortunately this leads to immense workload while other employees are just wasting time in the office. A task management system allows to split a single task into several simpler tasks, some of which (which appear less important, but still sufficient for a complete project) can be delegate to less loaded employees. Do this every time when you get a new task!
- Automating of tasks – this is a part #2 of the previous tips. When you get a task through task management system you will be able to revise it and to split into several simpler tasks. Some of these tasks can be automated. This will save business hours for you as well as will take less efforts. Moreover task automation is proved to prevent numerous mistakes depending on employees inattentiveness.
- Task planner is another essential tool offered by task management software. Apart from scheduling a task and providing all necessary information on the task, a responsible employee can schedule task performance in his own account considering other tasks assigned to him or her and the priority and importance of these tasks. Personal planner is a perfect helper to every employee. Moreover it replaces traditional paper day planners.
- Eliminate distractions – when working on project in a traditional way, getting information on a task from various sources as chats, emails, calls and collaborating with other people engaged in the project by moving across an office you will surely face numerous distractions. Task management system offers you a single environment to collaborate and communicate on a task or a project.
Stop answering junk emails, calls and social network messages – of course, corporate email, phone and even social networks are essential for life of your business, however these are the major distraction factors of employees. Choosing task management software to work on tasks and projects you isolate people from office mess, unnecessary distractions via emails, calls, chats and other channels. Talk, work, send, update task in the system.
- Setting proper deadlines – when a task is assigned traditionally on paper or vocally, then it is hard to estimate time an employee will require for its completion, when scheduling a task via task management system you will get all current data on the working load of an employee, working hours a task of such a type needs to be completed. The system will not allow you to put unrealistic deadlines. This will help to avoid psychological stress of employees and properly plan working hours.
- Better collaboration – working traditionally means that you will go from table to table or you will chat on a task in one chat with one of the colleagues and with another one via email, then aggregating tips, recommendations and data from these sources and trying to apply them to complete the task. But when you use task management system you will be able just to choose people you need in the task and invite them in a chat which is integrated into a system.